Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Eton mess discovery


I'm told (or did I read?) that Eton mess is a traditional English dessert, served at Eton College's annual cricket match against Winchester College. How very regal does that sound? 

I'm pretty sure I first heard of it when reading a trashy mag that just happened to talk of William's favourite foods. Should you need to ask which William I talk of, we are clearly not living on the same planet this week.

In honour of THE wedding, which just happened to be a very big deal in our family, I decided to make this lovely dessert (and lovely it was). I'd not made it before but I tell you... I will be again. Why? Because it was possibly the easiest thing I've ever made and up there with the most popular when I consider that more of it was consumed than even cupcakes. If you want something quick and yet effective, this is it.

All you need - what you see above. What you do:


Finally, my thoughts of the wedding (brief): 

Loved it! The dress was perfect - very Grace Kelly and just beautiful. Pippa of course was a real standout. I wouldn't have had her in white though - too wedding dress like. She looked like a glamorous and gorgeous bride herself, though far less royal of course. 

The only negative was that Lucie was too sick to watch it. We'd being planning a party to watch it with my sister and cousin for weeks and she missed the whole thing :( (she's better now, but it was a rough few days..gastro.. yucky).

2 comments: