Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

A day late in saying so, but Happy Easter.
 
Ours was a quiet affair this year because I had to work Good Friday and Easter Sunday and Jeremy is working today (Easter Monday) and tomorrow too. Public holiday rates, you might be thinking.. yes and no. Yes for Good Friday but would you believe that Easter Sunday is not considered a public holiday. I don't really get it?!?! 

About Easter ... I do firmly believe that Jesus did rise again and I very much appreciate the meaning of Easter. But if I'm truly honest, I do not 100% believe that he literally died on the cross. I know I should, and I want to (not because of the actual story, but because I want to have faith in what seems to be very much the story for any Christian). But I don't know what to think. 

It might be because I don't want to accept that level of suffering. I remember being taught as a child and deciding it was simply too horrible a notion that anyone be nailed to anything (I'm pretty sure I cried). I do believe in God, in Jesus and would call myself a Catholic though yet remain unsure. I am a huge contradiction, right? 

On a lighter note, it's been COD around here (chocolate overdose that would be). We've been up to our ears in it and it shows. A pretty crabby four a half year old isn't fun and I'm ready to load some serious vegetables into her come tomorrow. I'm kind of embarrassed about how much she ate on my watch... so I won't say!

I guess it wasn't all my fault though. I did find her under the kitchen table this morning after being very firm about not eating anymore eggs. As these photos show, I'm clearly a great mum with strong direction and authority. Needless to say, the chocolate basket is now up high and out of her reach (but unfortunately in mine).



2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter!

    I too firmly believe that Jesus died & rose again. In fact, I've based my entire life (and the life to come) on that fact. But I too struggle with believing things that just don't make sense. I suppose that's why they call it faith! Thanks for your honesty & faith. I hope you had a WONDERFUL Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are ADORABLE!!!! My cheeky toddler kept grabbing eggs on Sunday at our family gathering and he's run like the wind away from us so he could quickly get a bite of chocolate before we tackled him and wrestled the egg off him! He did that 3 times and boy is he fast! I felt a bit mean, but how much chocolate can a two year old handle?!?!

    Lucie is so cute and I love that she hid just enough to get away with it, but not quite enough to be out of sight.

    Happy Easter Jen!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete