Friday, February 18, 2011

B-O-R-I-N-G

I have just deleted 1200 photos from i-photo on the mac and I've hardly even made a start. 

I have a remaining 9620 photos to sort through and it needs to be done yesterday. You see, I can't watch anymore Parenthood until I clear some space on our hard drive. It's a HUGE job, let me tell you. That's why I'm still awake at 12:43am (ruining my first night of 'must get to bed before midnight week').

Jeremy has challenged me to the task after claiming that most of the photos were taken by yours truly. He can't tell which (if any) are of any interest and that is not a good sign! I don't blame him one bit and I know fully well (is it fully well, or full well?) that for every one photo he snaps, I've taken another hundred, or two. 

But, that WILL be changing from here on in. I'll tell you why... because for the 1200 pics now sitting in my trash, I have saved 29. I hate to admit it but they were B-O-R-I-N-G, with a very capital B. I have always loved the saying (that I myself claim to have made up), "you shouldn't spoil the moment to capture it". 1) Obviously I forgot this motto in the last year. 2) Clearly I plan to embrace it once again.

I am pretty sure I'm not alone. Why do we parents take photos of sooooo much? Of course I know why, we want to capture the lives of our super interesting, stimulating, amazing kids. Unfortunately in doing so I have even managed to bore even myself and let's face it, if I'm not enjoying the photos of Lucie's every move nobody else is going to. Though I am surely sounding like a horrible parent I assure you I am not talking about dancing concerts or first days of kindergarten, I'm referring to every day, sitting around, doing nothing kind of photos. Those kind of photos are great too, I know that. Perhaps just in moderation.

Jeremy, this will be music to your ears: I pledge to snap less of the mundane and more of the important. More so, I will delete the crappy pics right away. Love, Jen.


Forgive me for this most blah blog entry. Any interesting brain cells I still had have been drained right out of me tonight. I'd better get to bed. I've got an 8:30am four-year-old ballet call with some serious ballet hair that needs to be done before then (and I'm not even going to take my camera).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment