Tuesday, March 1, 2011

parents who can't spell

For as long as I can remember I've LOVED the name Lucy. Of course, I still do. I knew for a long time that I wanted this name for my daughter (if ever blessed with one). Jeremy liked it too, until he found it as 'Lucie' when we honeymooned in Paris (that sounds quite glamorous when I put it like that!) and then he too LOVED it. By the way, we were not pregnant in Paris, I was just talking A LOT about the possibility :)

Lucy/Lucie, it's still the same name. Kind of like Jennifer and Jennipher. Yep, I met another Jen last week who spells it just that way. 

You set your poor child up for a lifetime of name misery when you do what we did, that I now realise. One thing's for sure though - we'll take it any way it comes. You can't use an 'ie' and then get upset when cards or the like read 'Dear Lucy'. Such is life. 

Poor Lucie though. Some kid teased her about not having a y and she's taken it to heart. We didn't even know about it until her kinder artwork started coming home with a new name. She's announced it's to stay this way... 


I'm guessing she'd be teased as a Luciy even more.


1 comment: